It is summertime again and the temperature is stuck at 100 degrees. Here are a few tips for dealing with the heat:
- Use two gloves. Take your glove off and alternate each with each shot, while wiping your hands off in between. This way they will last longer than using just one for the entire round.
- Drink plenty of water and sports drinks. Don't wait until you are thirsty. You are trying to stay hydrated. Sugars from colas don't help, so save that for the 19th hole.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen.
- Pull your collar up. You'll look cool, and feel cooler.
- Wear light colors. Choose fabrics that wick away moisture.
- Wet a towel at the cooler and wipe your face and neck for instant relief.
- Play late in the afternoon. Usually, there won't be anyone in front of or behind you. Most public courses offer discounted prices after 4:00 PM, also.
Even though there may be some heat, don't let that prevent you from hitting some good shots and enjoying a nice round.
« Go Back
| Send this page to a friend
| Print this Page