I started reading my Bible to find out for myself who this Jesus was and I prayed to God to reveal Himself to me. The rest has been an awesome ride.
I challenge you to search for yourself and make an informed
decision. If there isn’t a God, then nothing matters. But if there is a
God, then He is all that matters.
There is a ton of evidence out there. You just have to search. One thing I would consider is that of all the religions, we only
find predictive prophecy in the Bible. In Jesus Christ, 456
identifiable prophecies were uniquely fulfilled. The chance of any man
fulfilling any 8 (you pick ’em) of such prophecies is a probability of 1
out of 100,000,000,000,000,000. That’s a lot of zeros!!! Any 48 is 1
out of 10 to the 157th power. Well, you get the idea.
Consider these verses:
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, except through Me.
Luke 22:42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Thine be done.”
thinks there are many ways to God. Jesus certainly did not think so.
If there are other ways, then why did he have to die if all the other
ways would get us there? Jesus asked that same question. He prayed to
God that if there were any other ways “take this cup away” so that he
would not have to be crucified.
Think about this. I mean either
Jesus was totally crazy or some wacko that walked around for 3 years
with 12 guys that never accumulated any wealth, an army, a family or
harem, houses, horses or chariots, nor any of the other things that
mankind desires. He did some miracles, healed some people, and claimed
to be the Son of God and the only way, not “a” way to God.
Many people say that Jesus was just good teacher. But you can’t say
he was a good teacher if he was a liar and he misled people
intentionally. So, why did he preach his message claiming to be the
truth if he wasn’t? Did he lie about being the Messiah and then just
let people kill him for no crimes that he had not committed? Was his
life a hoax? A scam?
John 8:31 Jesus said…”If you abide
in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32. and you shall
know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”
Maybe he was
who he said he was: the truth, God in the flesh, and he didn’t desire
materials because he created everything. Maybe, he came to do what he
said he did, set men free from the consequence of sin.
What do you think?
Enjoy your search.
Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you
search for Me with all your heart. 14. And I will be found by you, says
If you want to talk to me about this, contact me at the website and I’ll be happy to get back with you.
I was duck hunting one morning with Phil Robertson a.k.a. “The Duck
Commander,” and he asked me about my religious background. Granted I had
grown up in church but I did not have a real understanding of the
simplicity of the gospel. Below is the conversation that took place.
Phil: Moore, what does the Gospel mean to you?
Me: I don’t know. Sounds like singing I guess.
Phil: I might have said the same thing one time. What year is it?
Phil: 1996, in the year of our Lord. You know the year is based off this guy named Jesus?
Seems pretty important to base our calendar off this guy, huh? We
should find out who he was and what he said. He claimed to be the Son of
God. Now if he was, that is important. Let me tell you about the
Gospel, the good news he preached. First thing is SIN. Have you ever
Me: Yeah, I’m going to have to say yes to that one.
Phil: Well, the wages of sin are DEATH. Do you know anyone that hasn’t died?
Me: Nope, I’m with you so far.
We got a problem. We are going to die because of our sins but the good
news is we can beat death and be born again. To be born again we must
repent of our sins and accept what Jesus did, making him our Lord and
Savior and then get baptized. Simply put, you put to death the “old”
you. Baptism is symbolic of burying yourself with Christ when you go
under the water and being raised up a new man when you come out just as
Christ was raised from the dead. Jesus died for your sins and now you
get to live for him. You are now born of Spirit and of water.
Me: Ok, I’m with you so far. Tell me more.
Don’t take my word for it. Go read the Book of John and then Acts and
see what it says for yourself. There are lots of denominations
all claiming to go by the same book. That shouldn’t be. We should find
out what it says and then simply do what it says.
The Bible Lowdown – A chronological look at the Bible’s History
The Bible is one of the most historically accurate texts and is supported by tons of archeological evidence. Many people may not have actually read the Bible so I put this together to help give you an overall understanding. In studying the Bible, I found that reading it in chronological order was very helpful.
According to the Bible:
- God has always existed — The Father, Son, Holy Spirit – Three, yet one.
- God created the universe (even scientists now believe in intelligent design) and He saw it was good.
- Man was created in God’s image. He was given authority to rule over the rest of God’s creation and he walked and talked with God. And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. Adam was told he could eat of any tree, except the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil or he would surely die.
- The 1st couple disobeyed God and as a result sin entered the world. This disobedience got Adam and Eve kicked out of Paradise. Mankind was separated from God because God is Holy and does not tolerate sin. The ultimate consequence for Adam and Eve was a death sentence but an animal was slain by God instead of man and used to clothe Adam and Eve. — What was God supposed to say, “I was only kidding about that disobeying thing and dying for eating of the Tree or what I say doesn’t really matter, or I’m going to count to 3, or next time I’ll really mean it?”
- The world ran amuck now that sin was in the world. God was so discouraged with Man that He decided to wipe mankind out and start over with Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others after the flood. God always loved Man, His creation, and had a plan of redemption to restore man’s original position before sin; through Abraham’s seed (the Messiah).
- After 430+ years Abraham’s offspring had become a nation of about 2+ million, which Moses led out of Egypt.
- God governed His nation through Judges He appointed but the nation wanted out from under God’s system of governing and insisted on being ruled by one king like the other nations. God allowed this and the People chose Saul. Saul disobeyed God and God replaced him with David (a man after God’s own heart).
- Many of the kings that followed did evil in God’s eyes and the nation continued to turn from God.
- God sent his Prophets to address the Hebrews about their sins and rebellion, mostly to no avail, so God took away their kings by raising up other nations to rule over His people (all foretold by the Prophets); Babylon, Medes and Persians, Greeks, and the Roman Empire.
- God sent his own son, Jesus, to redeem mankind. He was Abraham’s seed and of the line of David as prophecied. He was born of a virgin (so He did not have man’s DNA or sin nature). He lived a sinless life, was crucified, buried, and God raised him on the 3rd day. He was then seen for 40 days, ate with his disciples and went back to heaven to be with His Father. In heaven, He tagged up with the Holy Spirit to send Him back to be with the Believer as a deposit while He is preparing a place for the Believers before His return. He will gather up his followers and destroy this world as we know it (the second coming).
- Judgment Day will call ALL to give an account for their deeds both good and bad. One sin will result in eternal separation from God just as it did with Adam being kicked out of Paradise. However, believers will have Jesus acting on their behalf as their mediator while others will have to face a righteous Judge on their own.
- Mankind will be redeemed to the original position and relationship that man had before sin entered the world.
Life After Death KJ 52